Tuesday, October 4, 2011

2 Projects in 2 Hours

Would have been quicker if I didn't spend 20 minutes scared to cut the fabric.  I've never worked with fabric this expensive, and was so afraid, that I didn't touch it since I got it in February/March.  Yes, thats right, it sat for 7 months because I was scared.  Scared because it was expensive; scared because I'd heard it was hard to sew with... but I was afraid for nothing.  It was the easiest material I've ever sewn with, didn't slip, didn't bunch, hid my mistakes beautifully, and still came out as soft as when I started.


I won't go into too much detail since its a simple blanket, but I sewed them right sides together, clipped the edges, flipped them right side out through the 12 inch opening I left on one side, and did a zig-zag stitch around all the edges to finish it off and keep it square.  Can't wait for the kiddos to see them in the morning.


Next up, jeans for little miss.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I just did the same thing! I bought this throw blanket at wal-mart that I was going to cut up and create a hoodie for my baby out of and I was completely scared to cut it up, because otherwise it would have been a waste! Thankfully, it turned out cute! Why do we let fear mess with us in these sewing matters! Ha!