Thursday, September 22, 2011

Notes to ...

A friend's son recently left for a couple years and he told me that they are best friends.  I don't know about you, but I can't get through a day without calling mine at least 10 times :) sorry  mommy :).  So, I thought it would be nice for him to have some place small and simple to keep those little thoughts we want to share with our closest friend, but that might not come back to mind when we sit down to write a letter.  I didn't upload the finished product because it has a nice picture of them just before the son left but just add a picture in the middle of the white block and you've got the idea :).

I used stickers and then mod podged over them and the area I wanted to put the picture, placed the picture backing (seen below) down, and impatience won out - I didn't wait the 15 minutes I was supposed to, put another layer of mod podge down and put the picture in the center... didn't wait again, and mod podged over the whole thing to seal it.

The mod podge isn't all the way dry here, but you get the gist.

If I were sending this to a woman, I'd wrap it all pretty and put a bow on it, but since it's going to a man, I'm just going to wrap it in parchment paper when it dries and send it off that way.  Sometimes simple is best.

No comments: