Saturday, September 24, 2011

Spring Training Sweatshirt

Okay, so I originally got the stuff to make these months ago from I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar, but I finally bit the bullet and did my first ever refashion project.  There are a few things I would do different next time (like having thread that matches my zipper and a zipper foot too), but overall, I'm really happy with it.  This is the first time I have ever attempted something so complex...

I used 3 different spring training shirts from 5-6 years ago that were wearing out and a turtleneck shirt from the clearance rack, knit ribbing and an exposed zipper.


I lined the hood because the spring training shirts were thinner than the turtleneck and I wanted it to give him some warmth.


And I love that you can see most of the graphic on this side of the hood (had to cut from the middle of the shirt and then attach the hem to finish it off nice, but with lining it, I was able to hide all of that pretty well.


He hasn't seen the finished product, but after I put the ribbing on the bottom, I tried it on him and he didn't want to take it off...  Hopefully tomorrow he'll love it even more (especially since the graphics and the hood came from Grampa & Gramma).

Now off to bed and tomorrow maybe I'll get baby girl's done (with girly touches of course!).

2 comments:

Mike and Julie said...

Very cool!

iammommahearmeroar said...

You did an awesome job! Woo-hoo! Thanks SO much for sharon this with me!

Cheri